How to Reduce Your Energy Bill

Author: Evan Marxman
All those years ago, when I took my first steps into my own home, I had no idea the amount of money I would waste in paying too much for electricity. If only I had known some of the blatantly obvious methods to cut my power bill in half, or even get rid of it altogether! I suppose I was simply ignorant to it and just kept paying the bill, no matter what it was. Fast forward to just a few months ago, a quick search on the internet revealed to me many tips and information to save money, and live a greener life.
All it took was some determination and will power to follow these steps and I was saving tons of money. Fortunately for you, I am going to list the steps I took so you don't even have to go looking anywhere else.
The methods I started integrating into my life are:
  1. Start with always turning lights off when you exit a room. You will be amazed at how much money this can save.
  2. Turn computer monitors off after you're done using them. Also turn the computer off when you're not using it.
  3. Replace your incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. These bulbs are a great power-saving investment.
  4. Use the washing machine only when there is a full load of clothes.
  5. Use cold water when washing clothes. Be sure to buy a cold-water detergent.
  6. Keep the air-conditioner at the minimum low or high temperature, just enough to keep you off the heat or the cold outside.
  7. Be sure you are getting the best rate on your electric bill.
If you start following these few steps you will notice a dramatic reduction in your electricity bill in no time.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, that it is possible to get rid of your electricity bill altogether. Granted, this is for a more adventurous individual, it is the ultimate way if you want to live completely independently.
I learned ways to build my own solar panels and utilize wind systems and I have not looked back at all. You can buy solar panels and get them installed; however, this will cost thousands of dollars. I found a guide online and after reading it, I was able to build my own solar panels and install them on my own house for a fraction of the cost. This is my own personal experience and I definitely recommend it.
When it comes to reducing your electricity bill, I highly recommend this wonderful resource called earth4energy.com. Check it out!

Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/diy-articles/how-to-reduce-your-energy-bill-3958230.html