All those years ago, when I took my first steps into my own home, I had no idea the amount of money I would waste in paying too much for electricity. If only I had known some of the blatantly obvious methods to cut my power bill in half, or even get rid of it altogether! I suppose I was simply ignorant to it and just kept paying the bill, no matter what it was. Fast forward to just a few months ago, a quick search on the internet revealed to me many tips and information to save money, and live a greener life.
All it took was some determination and will power to follow these steps and I was saving tons of money. Fortunately for you, I am going to list the steps I took so you don't even have to go looking anywhere else.
The methods I started integrating into my life are:
- Start with always turning lights off when you exit a room. You will be amazed at how much money this can save.
- Turn computer monitors off after you're done using them. Also turn the computer off when you're not using it.
- Replace your incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. These bulbs are a great power-saving investment.
- Use the washing machine only when there is a full load of clothes.
- Use cold water when washing clothes. Be sure to buy a cold-water detergent.
- Keep the air-conditioner at the minimum low or high temperature, just enough to keep you off the heat or the cold outside.
- Be sure you are getting the best rate on your electric bill.
Also, as I mentioned earlier, that it is possible to get rid of your electricity bill altogether. Granted, this is for a more adventurous individual, it is the ultimate way if you want to live completely independently.
I learned ways to build my own solar panels and utilize wind systems and I have not looked back at all. You can buy solar panels and get them installed; however, this will cost thousands of dollars. I found a guide online and after reading it, I was able to build my own solar panels and install them on my own house for a fraction of the cost. This is my own personal experience and I definitely recommend it.
When it comes to reducing your electricity bill, I highly recommend this wonderful resource called earth4energy.com. Check it out!
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/diy-articles/how-to-reduce-your-energy-bill-3958230.html